Inside a tooth and beneath white enamel and dentin, there is a soft tissue which is termed as ‘pulp’. Pulp comprises of blood vessels, nerves and connective tissues that are helpful for tooth growth. After the tooth is entirely grown, it does not need the pulp and can get its nourishment from the adjoining tissues. Through a root canal procedure, your dentist removes the pulp which is infected. This dental procedure is painless and does not consume excess time. So, you do not have to worry if your dentist suggests you undergo a root canal treatment. After this procedure, you will be back with your dazzling smile in minimal time.
Get Reliable Root Canal Treatment
A root canal procedure is done in order to save a particular tooth from falling, preventing the option of extraction which is otherwise possible. This is due to damage done to the nervous system of the tooth. The person, in such a case, would experience a toothache.
The root canal procedure would be required when there is:
- Any trauma done to the tooth
- Tooth infection or abscess
- Deeper dental cavity
- Dental treatment done such as crowns or fillings
- Presence of cracks
The treatment usually requires 2-3 appointments to clean off and eliminate any infection from the tooth as well as to seal the root to mitigate reinfection. For those teeth having deep decay, fillings, or cracks a crown is also suggested for better strength and long life for the respective tooth or teeth.
Once the root canal treatment is done, you will experience the treated tooth just like the rest of your teeth. The treatment as per scientific research has been estimated to have a success rate of 80-90%.
We at All Smiles Family Dental follow a top standard when it comes to offering root canal treatments for patients. This is to ensure that every patient gets the level of comfort and care needed for the treatment to become successful.
- The specific cleaning files we use are always new and non-reusable. We will never utilise the same file for another patient or the one not sterile.
- A rubber dam is always applied during treatment whenever we perform a root canal therapy. This is crucial to protect your teeth as well as their underlying soft tissues.
- We take radiographs at most times to ensure maximum success for your treatment.
- We use certain apex locators to accurately measure your teeth’s length
- In case any issue arises during treatment, we refer to a specialist endodontist for addressal.
Root canal procedure has a lot of advantages. Read on to know about them-
- After a root canal, you will not experience hassle or pain while eating or chewing.
- You can be free from tooth pain after root canal procedure
- Your appearance is retained
- Your teeth do not get strained
- Root canal stops the infection
Is root canal a painful procedure?
As patients are given anaesthesia, the root canal is a less painful procedure. It is similar to regular dental wisdom tooth removal. However, patients might experience soreness or discomfort for a couple of days. If pain or discomfort persists, patients need to get in touch with dentists immediately.
How to identify the need of getting a root canal treatment?
Root canals are essential to fix a cracked tooth, a deep cavity, or problems due to the previous filling. Here are some symptoms which point to the need a root canal-
- Relentless tooth pain while eating or chewing
- Formation of pimples on gums
- Cracked or chipped tooth
- Enduring teeth sensitivity
- Swollen gums
- Persisting soreness
- Darkened gums and tooth decay
So, are you experiencing severe tooth pain, soreness or discomfort? Then consult with our experts now! Our experienced dentists will help you to understand about Root canal treatment in Moonee ponds.
At All Smiles Family Dental, we are well equipped with advanced technology and have a team of experienced dentists, who help you to eradicate dental issues and regain your beautiful smile. Also, our staff makes sure that patients are comfortable during their treatments.
So, call us and schedule your appointment now!
Areas We Serve