What is tooth whitening?
Tooth whitening is a procedure for lightening the teeth with the use of a chemical agent which breaks down stain by producing chromo gens on the teeth surface.
Why is Teeth whitening necessary?
Here are some conditions which indicate that you need teeth whitening-
- Wish to enhance aesthetics appearance
- Tetracycline staining
- Tobacco Staining
What are the causes of tooth discolouration in adults?
Here is a list of factors which cause teeth discolouration.
- Habitual smoking and tobacco intake
- Intake of sugary and acidic liquids like coffee, cola, tea, and red wine
- Poor oral hygiene
- Enamel Hypoplasia
- Amelogenesis Imperfecta
- Dentinogenesis Imperfecta
- Staining due to Tetracycline
Benefits of a Teeth Whitening Treatment
- A Glowing Smile– Expert teeth whitening done by a dentist gets rid of tough stains, resulting in a much brightening smile.
- Boost in Self-esteem– Polished teeth resulting from teeth whitening makes you feel confident and happy.
- Prevents Disease– Getting your teeths professionally cleaned prevents the risk of cavities or gum diseases due to plaque.
- Quick Treatment– Teeth whitening is a quick procedure and can be done in a single appointment
- Cost Effective– A single teeth whitening appointment can save you plenty of money than buying multiple tooth whitening kits in the long run.
- Safe and Tailored to Your Needs– Compared to any kits available at the stores teeth whitening done at the dentist is much safer and carefully monitored by dentists.
Know about the different forms of teeth whitening treatments
This procedure is carried out on a tooth which has undergone a root canal treatment. At times, a root canal tooth can have internal staining. A bleaching agent that is hydrogen peroxide is applied inside the tooth for some time until the tooth achieves the desired colour. After this procedure, our teeth whitening dentist will remove it and then will seal the tooth with a composite filling.
Vital tooth whitening-
This treatment is useful for natural, vital and healthy teeth. In this procedure, a bleaching solution is applied to the vital tooth surface. This treatment is efficient in lightening your teeth and brightening it.
At-Home Teeth whitening-
For At-home teeth whitening, the dentist records the impressions of your upper and lower teeth. They are helpful to prepare custom mouthpieces which fit your mouth well. Thereafter, you need to fill each of the mouthpieces with the provided whitening gel. It needs to be worn for a prescribed number of hours each day to receive the desired result.
For an in-office teeth whitening, a dentist uses specialized light or laser to activate the gel and let teeth bleaching take place faster!
In-office whitening treatment consumes around 30 to 90 minutes. You might need 1 to 3 appointments to complete the procedure. Also, remember that different stains might respond differently to the teeth whitening treatment.
At All Smiles Family Dental, we offer expert teeth whitening in Moonee Ponds to help our patients gain a beautiful smile with pearly white teeth. To know more about our services, connect with us now and schedule an appointment.